Tuesday, September 21, 2010

His

"Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, before you were born I set you apart; I appointed you as a prophet to the nations." Jeremiah 1:5

So often I get caught up in the future. Caught up with the question "Where are you going from here Christianne"? or "What happens when you finish school?" This brings such great comfort! Before He formed me in the womb he knew me. Huh? I dont even fully know me! But God does! He knew me before I came into being. Not only that...but he set me apart! He set me apart as His for Him!

How then can I even begin to think that somehow my life, my body, my time even...is in any way my own? That's ridiculous.

I may not be "on track" to those around me. My answer to the above question is usually "who knows"? God does. I am on track. His timing is perfect and so are His purposes. I am right where He wants me to be and I'm doing what He wants me to do!

"For we are God's workmanship, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do." Ephesians 2:10

Francis Chan puts it this way "God will ensure my success in accordance with His plan, not mine"

He knows where I am going and I am learning, slowly still, to trust His perfect will. It's not easy. I'm going to be honest. It's not. I like the control of knowing whats coming. I like controlling the present. But I don't. Thank the Lord for that! His will is far greater than mine.

"Not that I have already obtained all this, or have already been made perfect, but I press on to take hold of that for which Christ Jesus took hold of me." Philippians 3:12

And so my prayer is not for what the future holds. It is for the present. To live in a way day in and day out, that will point to God and God alone. Join with me in this. Our purpose is to point to Him! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment