Friday, February 5, 2010

Good ol Way

So lately I've been going through this hymnal called "Spiritual Folk Songs of Early America" and I have been finding songs that have been incredibly encouraging. The first of these is Good Old Way.
Lift up your heads, Immanuel's friends, O halle, hallelujah!
and taste the pleasure Jesus sends, O halle, hallelujah!
Let nothing cause you to delay, O halle, hallelujah!
But hasten on the good old way, O halle, hallelujah!

Simple song. Not many verses but oh the encouragement from believers past. Encouraging whomever may read it to carry on, to perservere.
This last one is longer but I pray that it is read. The great hope and joy of heaven as our home!

Come all my dear breatheren and help me to sing,
I'm going to Jesus, He's heaven's great King.
He died to atone for the sins of the world
His banner is flying his sails are unfurled!

Heavens my home, heavens my home
I'm going to Jesus for heaven's my home

While here in the valley of conflict I stay
Oh, give me submission and strength as my day;
In all my afflictions to Thee i would come,
Rejoicing in hope of my glorious home.

I long dearest Lord, in thy beauties to shine,
No more as an exile in sorrow to pine;
And in thy dear image arise from the tomb
With glorified millions to praise Thee at home.

I am learning to love these old hyms full of truth that never changes. To remember the believers throughout the ages that the Lord has drawn to Himself and to know that one day we will all worship together in glory is an amazing thought!

No comments:

Post a Comment