Monday, June 8, 2009

Psalm 19

For some reason, unknown to me really, I tend to constantly find myself back in the Psalms. More specifically I guess, Psalm 19. Isn't it AMAZING how the Word of God never ever ever gets old? We can read it again and again and again and still stand in complete wonder at our God. I read this Psalm again this week and realized just how beautiful the beginning is.
"The heavens declare the glory of God, and the sky above proclaims his handiwork. Day to day pours out speech, and night to night reveals knowledge. There is no speech, nor are there words, whose voice is not heard. Their voice goes out through all the earth, and their words to the end of the world.In them he has set a tent for the sun, which comes out like a bridegroom leaving his chamber, and, like a strong man, runs its course with joy. Its rising is from the end of the heavens, and its circuit to the end of them, and there is nothing hidden from its heat."
Psalm 19:1-6
This just one instance in the Word of creation praising its creator. The earth need not be prodded to give worship to the One who deserves it. This is so amazing to me because of how stubborn man is in this. "There is no speech nor are there words"...yet who creation praises is clear. God has gifted man with Words and promises to speak through us through His Spirit! How incredibly is that!!! Yet so many times I am silent. hmmm....I pray that God would change my heart in this to see His greatness and want to declare it over and over again until no longer gives me breath.
"Pray also for me, that whenever I open my mouth, words may be given me so that I will fearlessly make known the mystery of the gospel,for which I am an ambassador in chains. Pray that I may declare it fearlessly, as I should."
Ephesians 6:19-20
That this would be our prayer not only for ourselves but also for our brothers and sisters in Christ...

No comments:

Post a Comment